to remove externals folder for standalone application

Creating desktop or client-server database solutions?

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

selvabits

to remove externals folder for standalone application

Post by selvabits » Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:38 am

whenever i create a standalone application i am getting an externals folder with the .dll files in it which i dont want to happen ....... I want to use the .dll file from another folder .... so can anyone please tell me how to remove this unwanted folder

Klaus

Post by Klaus » Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:53 pm

Hi selvabits,

well, Rev does this (and everything that is necessary to use the dlls!) automatically for you when you include "Script Libraries" in the "Standalone Builder Settings" dialog.

You can do this manually with one or more scripts in your (standalone) stack, but this is definitively advanced and quite tricky stuff!

Regards

Klaus

selvabits

Post by selvabits » Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:46 pm

oh thanks klaus

I was not able to find the "Standalone Builder Settings" dialog in the standalone application settings .... is it somewhere else
I want to use my .dll files from a different folder .... when i create a standalone application i will take the .dll file from that folder.... i dont need this externals folder
I am using set the externals of me to the required folder but it is of no help again the externals folder is created.... would be great if you can help me with this
thanks
regards
selva

Klaus

Post by Klaus » Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:08 pm

Hi selva,

of course I mean the "standalone application settings", where you can select the "script libraries" and "database drivers" (= DLLs).

It is not only the creation of that folder but REV also adds a couple of scripts so your app will be able to use the DLLs, and THAT is the tricky part.

Do you know how to set the externals/dlls of your stack?
Check "externals" in the docs.

If you do this manually, this should happen "on startup" (see the docs for "startup") OR you have to create a new stack on the fly, set its externals to your DLLs and start using this stack.

Regards

Klaus

selvabits

Post by selvabits » Thu Jul 19, 2007 5:13 pm

thanks a lot klaus
that really helped
regards
selva

Return to “Databases”