SendMessage and Window Subclassing on Mac OS

Interested adding compiled externals from LiveCode and third parties to your LiveCode projects? This is the place to talk about them.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

RRobert

SendMessage and Window Subclassing on Mac OS

Post by RRobert » Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:18 pm

Hello,

the Windows API provides a function called SendMessage which offers the option to send a message to every window or control, in case you know or get the window handle by FindWindow for example.

Furthermore it is possible to subclass windows belonging to another process by different methods.

Are there equivalents on Mac OS?

Robert

bn
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: SendMessage and Window Subclassing on Mac OS

Post by bn » Sat May 01, 2010 5:21 pm

Robert,
since no one answered yet:
I dont know anything about MacOSX API's etc. Neither about shell.
But many things can be done via applescript in OSX. If you give an idea what windows you want to address and what the scope of this is/what you want to do/ maybe there is an applescript solution.
regards
Bernd

RRobert

Re: SendMessage and Window Subclassing on Mac OS

Post by RRobert » Sun May 02, 2010 9:04 am

Hello Bernd,

thanks for your kind response. But I already found what I was looking for.

For everyone who reads this later and is on the same path, if you are coming from the Windows world you should realy consider to join the Mac Developer Program to watch the Mac Development Foundation Videos. Especially "Session 100 - Coming to the Mac OS X Platform: Part 1--The Mac OS X Architecture" and "Session 101 - Coming to the Mac OS X Platform: Part 2--Frameworks, APIs and Tools".

PS: Google Books is your friend too.

Robert

Return to “Using Externals”