livecode server fatal error, windows

Are you using LiveCode to create server scripts or CGIs?

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

sturgis
Livecode Opensource Backer

livecode server fatal error, windows

Post by sturgis » Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:24 pm

platform: windows 7, apache 2.2
When trying to use the new stack support feature of livecode server, i've been having problems. I have now simplified my script as much as humanly possible, and still can't seem to get things working.

Here is the script-
<?lc
start using stack "servstack.livecode"
?>

This gives a 500 internal server error in the web page, and the logs show the following error-
[Tue Jul 26 12:03:48 2011] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] livecode-server exited due to fatal signal 11\r, referer: http://localhost/index.lc

All other aspects of lc server work fine as far as I can tell, as long as I don't try to go to a stack, or start using a stack. The response is the same for both instances.

I haven't had a chance to set up my linux box yet but am hoping things will work better on that platform.

Can anyone give me a clue as to what might be wrong? Misconfigured httpd.conf? Any ideas at all?

BvG
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: livecode server fatal error, windows

Post by BvG » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:26 pm

This might sound silly, but maybe you're using the old version by accident, which was unable to load stacks? Did you try to download a fresh copy, and install it on your server?
Various teststacks and stuff:
http://bjoernke.com

Chat with other RunRev developers:
chat.freenode.net:6666 #livecode

sturgis

Post by sturgis » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:46 pm

Yeah, this is surely the new version since its the windows server. Don't think there was a windows revserver available until the final release? Will go download it again just to make sure though.

sturgis

Post by sturgis » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:51 pm

I had the correct one. 4_6_3 zip archive. I think signal 11 is a seg fault, but I still haven't a clue how to fix this. Does anyone else have stack support working with apache 2.2, and livecode server 4.6.3?

SparkOut

Post by SparkOut » Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:55 pm

Hey welcome back sturgis! It's good to see you again.

sturgis

Post by sturgis » Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:04 pm

SparkOut wrote:Hey welcome back sturgis! It's good to see you again.
Hey sparkout, you too!. Think i've seen you on the livecode use list once in a while, and before I got booted, the dev list. Won't tell you who I am there though because I haven't been communicating at all well lately and most likely do nothin but annoy people there! (luckily the whole health/omg/shoot me now stuff is looking up, so things in general are working better.)

Don't suppose you have a miracle solution to my current problem do you?

Added info, it does the same thing on my recently setup linux box, but provides a little more feedback.

livecode-server exited due to fatal signal 11
in __kernel_sigreturn @ 0
in <unknown> @ 0x8158f85
in <unknown> @ 0x809e596
in <unknown> @ 0x809ea13
in <unknown> @ 0x809eccc
in <unknown> @ 0x809177d
in <unknown> @ 0x8091fed
in <unknown> @ 0x81cd09e
in <unknown> @ 0x81c96d3
in <unknown> @ 0x81c9b40
in __libc_start_main @ 231
in fwrite @ 305

Its about time I'll need to send a request to support asking about this, but figured I'd ask here first.

sturgis

Post by sturgis » Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:52 pm

Ok. Seems that if there is a button on the stack it won't work, causing a signal 11 kaboom. (which is worse than a kerplop)

All other controls i've tried work fine. Checkboxes boom, so do option menus, popups, pulldowns etc.

Won't be too bad to work around, will just have to get into the habit of breaking out useful stuff to a separate stack, leaving my interface by itself. Interestingly enough, labels and fields are fine, heck, a quicktime player works ok with stacks I wan't to open with my livecode server scripts. None of my pre-existing stacks can just be dropped in a folder and used.

Return to “CGIs and the Server”