Livecode-HTML mode for Coda (Updated)

Are you using LiveCode to create server scripts or CGIs?

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

TheCore

Livecode-HTML mode for Coda (Updated)

Post by TheCore » Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:26 am

Now you can use the best text Editor out there, Coda - to code your Livecode server.
We have made a Mode for Coda (Mac only :( -sorry), for those using this amazing software to code web-applications in HTML and Livecode for the Livecode server. For those who knows the PHP-HTML mode buildt into Coda, this mode works the same way. With the Livecode-HTML mode and Coda you'll match any Editor tool out there, and then a little. We added more than 2000 lines of code to get this mode work in good "Coda-style".
Should also work on any SubEthaEdit supported Editor.

Some spesifications:
- ReadMe for easy installation
- Recognizes .rev and .livecode file extentions. (Do not use the .lc file extention in Coda - see note below)
- Recognizes Livecode delimeters in your HTML code (<?rev ?> <?lc ?> or <?livecode ?>)
- Color syntax for code inside livecode delimiters.
- Color syntax for HTML tags.
- Color syntax for Javascript.
- Color syntax for CSS tags.
- Auto-complete for ALL livecode commands etc - updated to cover Livecode version 5.0.1 and server 4.6.4
- Coda Book support - linked to Livecode Online Dictonary.
- Livecode-HTML.seestyle file included (but you don't really need it. If you mess up the color syntax, import it to restore default color syntax.
- and of course, feel free to tweek the colors and font styles to suit your own needs.

Important:
We think we have found a bug in Coda which result in some odd behaviour when you try to save your files with the .lc extention. Using the "Save as..." dialog throws in som extra .lc extentions resulting in file names like "MyFile.lc.lc.lc". If you experience this odd behaviour, avoid using .lc. Instead, use .rev or .livecode. If you don't have this problem, we have it - somewhere in our production pipeline. Panic Software (the Coda-makers) has been informed about this possible bug.

The Mode is well tested over time, but if you encounter any bug, please let me know so I can fix it for future updates.
Attachments
Livecode-HTML 1.2.zip
Livecode-HTML 1.2 for Coda - Updated 2011.10.27
(130.67 KiB) Downloaded 652 times
Last edited by TheCore on Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yann

Re: Livecode-HTML mode for Coda

Post by Yann » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:54 am

Beautiful, very useful... and you even integrated the LiveCode online docs into the Coda "books" library ! Thank you very much :D

rca

Re: Livecode-HTML mode for Coda (Updated)

Post by rca » Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:28 pm

Looks like a great tool, but now that CODA is version 2, the "sseestyle" file format for coloring/formatting text no longer works - the new style file format is ".sss"
CODA has said that there is no conversion tool - I have opened both file formats - seestyle and sss, and looked to see if I could work out how to create an sss file from the seestyle information - but it seems to get pretty complicated pretty quickly

Is there any chance of getting an ".sss" file that would work - even just for comments would be good - I am happy to help, but after spending an hour looking around the web, and making a couple of attempts, I am not any closer to getting the sss style to work correctly
thought/comments?
thanks
r

TheCore

Post by TheCore » Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:26 pm

Got it! I have just updated to v.2 of Coda (a week ago). Lots of new stuff there, so I'm looking into the new file format too. I'll post here if I have any success with this - and if not too :)
I'm sure this should be possible without too much effort. Hang in there..

rca

Post by rca » Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:39 pm

Excellent - talk about response time - you posted less than an hour after my request
Meanwhile, I have downloaded CODA 1.75, which still works, and supports seestyle..
Again, let me know if I can help..
thanks
r

sbarncard

Post by sbarncard » Tue May 20, 2014 12:06 am

Thanks for posting this,
I really really want to use Coda 2 with Livecode server. But this mode wants .lc or .livecode as suffixes, and doesn't seem to accept irev as a legitimate suffix... I've been using the .irev suffix since day 1 of discovering server, and I always thought that irev was the convention for rev server documents.

is this mode hackable to add the appropriate suffixes? I haven't attempted V2 since my abortive attempt years ago in converting an old Lasso mode to Revolution.

Return to “CGIs and the Server”