bizarre externals crash...

Are you developing an External using the LiveCode Externals SDK?

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

pkocsis

bizarre externals crash...

Post by pkocsis » Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:41 pm

rev 4.0 on vista. I have a simple external that has run for years on both xp and vista. Recently, I have been plagued by two vista machines where my app will disappear if run.

I have found that on a vista machine that has office 2007 installed where the default printer is set to "send to onenote 2007", I cannot call *any* external function call!?!??

Absolutely bizarre...I'm doing no printing or anything that has to do with the print spooler. If "send to onenote 2007" is the default printer, *any* external function call will result in a 0xc0000374 exception in ntdll.dll (heap corruption). I have verified that the external function call actually does get called...it is when control should return to rev from the 'return' in the c routine that my app disappears. If I go to printers and set the default printer to something other than "send to onenote 2007", my program works as expected. All vista and office 2007 updates have been done. (Also found that if I stop the 'print spooler' service, my program runs fine)

This is a shot in the dark that I post this here...don't know where to turn to figure this one out. By chance, does anyone have a vista machine with office 2007 installed where the default printer is set to "send to onenote"....if so, do you have a rev program that has an external that works?

Almost don't want to click send because this problem sounds so bizarre as I do my proofread before clicking 'submit' :)

Return to “Building Externals”