Mac App Store Submissions

Deploying to Mac OS? Ask Mac OS specific questions here.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

seaniepie

Re: Mac App Store Submissions

Post by seaniepie » Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:21 pm

Hi there,
Glad you like it. There are, as a v1.0, a few little teething issues and, when entitlements haven't been set, this is one of the little gotchas I've yet to allow for. Have you followed the guide? You need to first set the entitlements then click the 'update plist' button. This will save an entitlements.plist into your target folder. So you must also make sure that the target folder is setup too. Watch the target folder and see what happens after you press the 'update plist' button. If it doesn't create a plist file there, then let me know. It's likely a permissions thing I have to get around. Tell me how you get on.

All the best
Sean
Pi Digital

Kangaroo SW
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Post by Kangaroo SW » Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:36 pm

Hello seaniepie

It could be that the problem is on my side !
I guess that you use shell scripts (I do that a lot as well :D ) and use LiveCode as a GUI, now my Home Folder is not
on the same volume as the system folder (not on the boot disk !) I do that on purpose (I am a OSX System guy) so that I can update systems frequently without worrying about my data.

In the past when working with shell scripts I found that you have to put the whole path to exe'c etc.
so this could be the problem - what do you think ?

Personally I just love your tool, it will be fantastic ! What are your personal plans for it ?
Do you release it to the MacAppStore, or could it be some kind of open source where others could
contribute (not that there is much to do, but maybe bug fixing !) ?

I would love to get my hands onto the source code !

Regards
Rolf

PS:If i do this :
1. Drag and drop my app into the INPUT area (works well)
2. Change the path of the OUTPUT area to some othe folder then the entitlements.plist gets written into that folder !

If I do this:
1. Drag and drop my app into the INPUT area (works well)
2. in PLIST Settings choose public.app-category.dev... (works well)
3. click on update plist with com.appleseurity.user-selected.read-only selected, I get the answer "Your Plist files have been modified...", if I check the app folder there is no entitlements.plist present !
4. I click Sign App (My Certificate is selected), it asks for correct language, I say "Yes", the I get the error "cannot read entailment data"
Last edited by Kangaroo SW on Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mag

Post by Mag » Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:53 pm

marianco wrote:I there any new documentation (preferrably step-by-step guide) to submitting a stand-alone build to the Mac App Store?

Any recent successful submissions that are now in the Mac App Store?

Thanks.
Hi marianco, there is not any problem to submitting a LiveCode app to iTunes Store, however, once you've finished the app with LiveCode you have to do a bit of extra work to make the app compatible with the demands of Apple, in fact LiveCode does not do it natively (as Xcode does). I suggest you use a specific tool. I don't know if this type of tool do exist specifically for LiveCode, but you can use one of those for Xojo. I use this and works fine: http://www.ohanaware.com/appwrapper/

Mag

Post by Mag » Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:44 am

seaniepie wrote:Hi All,
I tried to download RB Package Maker Studio over the holidays and couldn't get it. So I've created one just for Livecode and made it available to everyone for free. It should auto discover your certificates and enable you to adjust your .app settings for sandbox entitlements and languages. PM me if you need assistance with it.

http://www.pidigital.co.uk/OSXPackageMaker.zip

All the best
Sean Cole
Pi Digital
Thanks Sean. Glad that there is now a tool specific for LiveCode! I can't wait to try it!

Return to “Mac OS”