water / fluid dynamics

Creating Games? Developing something for fun?

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

dude4

water / fluid dynamics

Post by dude4 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:46 am

i have a idea for a platformer but it relies on the ability of having realistic/semi realistic flowing water, but from what I can see I can't find any real physics examples at all for livecode is it possible to do anything with generating liquid having it flow or pool, that kind of stuff

Anything like this possible at all? if so can anyone rig up a quick example chunk of code that I could look at

thanks

sturgis
Livecode Opensource Backer
Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: water / fluid dynamics

Post by sturgis » Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:32 am

I haven't used it, but you might look at franklin 3d.

Alternatively, depending on your needs if you just need the appearance of flow, no changing water levels you might be able to get away with color cyclin, or just screen flipping new images in to build up an animation loop. (the color cycling was an old method of faking animation. To see an example of color cycle animation you can check this link. http://www.effectgames.com/demos/canvascycle/ and determine if it might be possible. (Think LC could do this type of thing fast enough to get it done, never tried it except for a very small bit I did to 'simulate' flames from a rocket)

There are probably other ways too. If you need real fluid dynamics franklin 3d might be the only real chance you have, but there are some really creative folks here so hopefully someone will have more alternatives.

Return to “Games”