info.plist problem

Getting into LiveCode for iOS? Ask your questions here.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

Kaubs

info.plist problem

Post by Kaubs » Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:58 pm

I just had an app rejected from the app store because Apple claims it couldn't be installed on an iPhone 4. This is strange to me as my only test device's were an iPhone 4 and iPhone 4's. Investigating further and reading more into their reported problem they say that I didn't properly handle the uiRequiredDeviceCapabilities in the info.plist file. So...I checked out the plist file in xcode and sure enough all thats there is a blank <dict> handler. I tried switching it out for an array like it is supposed to be and adding in front-facing-camera as thats what my application uses but I now get application was not signed properly when trying to put the .app on my iPhone with the Xcode organizer. I have two questions. First, isn't livecode supposed to handle this via standalone application settings and if so why isnt it when I choose my settings there. Secondly why if I manually edit the info.plist file does my application not want to install. Thanks guys!

jacque
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: info.plist problem

Post by jacque » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:14 pm

Any change to the app bundle will invalidate the signing. You can use App Resigner to quickly revalidate it.
http://www.gorbster.net/blog/archives/273

But yes, the SB should handle the plist correctly. If it doesn't it is probably worth a bug report, but in the mean time you can replace the default plist that the SB uses with your own. Keep a copy of the original so you can move it back later. This exact thing just came up on the mailing list today, and here is what RR has said:
You can alter the template pList file used by LiveCode. This is taken by
the standalone builder and augmented with icon information and other
settings selected in your standalone builder iOS pane.

The template can be found in the LiveCode application bundle:

FOR BUILDS: Contents/Tools/Runtime/iOS/Device/Settings.plist
FOR SIMULATOR: Contents/Tools/Runtime/iOS/Simulator-X_X/Settings.plist

We would recommend backing up the default pList files before altering them.
Jacqueline Landman Gay | jacque at hyperactivesw dot com
HyperActive Software | http://www.hyperactivesw.com

Kaubs

Post by Kaubs » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:52 pm

Wow! Funny how all of this happened. Thank you for that tool! Quite helpful. Right before I checked back on the forums I found a link and was able to resign an app manually. Which seemed to work. I will include the URL below for anyone that might be interested in that method. I shot an email to RR with the contents of this post for them to check out. Hope it is a bug to be fixed and I hope this post can help others.

http://mobileorchard.com/developer-to-d ... visioning/

Kaubs

Post by Kaubs » Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:17 am

Sadly this worked for the phone yet if I edit the .plist file at all I cannot sign the app again in a way that iTunes connect will take it.

Return to “iOS Deployment”