iOS 5.1 SDKs

Getting into LiveCode for iOS? Ask your questions here.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

colourpixels

Re: iOS 5.1 SDKs

Post by colourpixels » Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:08 am

I can't seem to get the high res iPad slash or icons to stick in the standalone settings iOS pane though.

jgbrindle
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Post by jgbrindle » Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:18 pm

Hi,
I'm on LiveCode 5.5 GM 2 and am having the same problems with it remembering any of my standalone settings. However a bigger issue is I cannot get it to recognise a new Provisioning Profile. In fact it is only allowing me to choose a profile that no longer exists (but did when I was using 5.0.x).

Anyone know how to get this version of Livecode to see the correct profile?

richardmac
Livecode Opensource Backer
Livecode Opensource Backer

Post by richardmac » Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:37 pm

jgbrindle wrote:Hi,
I'm on LiveCode 5.5 GM 2 and am having the same problems with it remembering any of my standalone settings. However a bigger issue is I cannot get it to recognise a new Provisioning Profile. In fact it is only allowing me to choose a profile that no longer exists (but did when I was using 5.0.x).

Anyone know how to get this version of Livecode to see the correct profile?
Hmm - There was some discussion of this on the Livecode Mailing List recently. Here's Mike Kerner's post, which might be helpful:

Check your keychain to see if the profiles are there. I had two of my profiles disappear. The problem is that I was doing several things at around the same time - installing 4.3.1, installing new versions of LC, etc.

To recover your profiles:

1) Go to the Developer portal (https://developer.apple.com/membercenter/index.action)
2) Click on the iOS Provisioning portal (top right in the middle of the screen)
3) Development and Distribution CERTIFICATES are in the section called "Certificates" under the "Development" and "Distribution" tabs.
4) Development and Distribution PROFILES are in the section called "Provisioning" under the "Development" and "Distribution" tabs. Download them and double-click on them to reinstall them in your keychain. I also stored a copy of them locally in case it happens again.

If you can't find what you're looking for, email me and I'll send you screenshots. Otherwise, it's just a matter of creating new provisioning and distribution profiles, allegedly (this is not just a LC problem. There are lots of developers who seem to have lost their profiles and certs).

CALL-151

Post by CALL-151 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:52 pm

Didn't work for me. LC5.5 finds none of my profiles, LC 5.0.2 does.

I realize that this is not necessarily a LC problem, and am inclined to delete all of my profiles/certificates and start over, BUT...

I have an app in the store which I'll need to update, and I'm anticipating more than the usual amount of code signing horror if I delete my profiles and start over. Has anyone done this successfully? If so, how?

macnomad2

Post by macnomad2 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:25 pm

isn't it the old keychain bug where you need to destroy old certificates before reinstalling them ?
Then LC should ask you admin authorization to reinstall them.
I had this problem when updating my app in the App Store. I had to renew the old certificates and it worked for the update. The certificates can be different as long as the app id is the same.

CALL-151

Post by CALL-151 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:40 pm

Tried it, no luck. 5.0.2 is fine, no profiles in 5.5, but they show up fine in Xcode 4.3.2

jgbrindle

Post by jgbrindle » Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:12 am

I'm with CALL-151. I ave recreated certificates, AppID and profile. Xcode sees the new profile as valid. Livecode does not. I haven't tried deleting old certificates etc. May do that next.

jgbrindle

Post by jgbrindle » Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:43 am

OK, so I tried deleting old certificates and recreating etc. No joy. It very much looks like Apple may have moved where they store the profiles (now at ~user/Library/MobileDevice/Provisioning Profiles/....). If so, then the new LiveCode does not seem to be looking at that directory. I could be very wrong here and happy to be told otherwise. Can someone confirm if the profiles have moved location and if so where they used to be stored? At least then we may be able to create a workaround by using aliases.

Cheers

jacque

Post by jacque » Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:23 am

I'm not sure exactly what the problem is, but it's been reported. I'm sure it will be addressed promptly, it seems to be a universal issue.
Jacqueline Landman Gay | jacque at hyperactivesw dot com
HyperActive Software | http://www.hyperactivesw.com

colourpixels

Post by colourpixels » Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:30 am

Yep, I'm not seeing my distribution profile in live code that I just created an imported into Xcode successfully. I hope they address the standalone settings screen not keeping icons etc in the same fix. :)

Bit of a bugger as I can't submit my app update until they fix these two things.

Cheers
Dale

jgbrindle

Post by jgbrindle » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:04 am

Folks,
Looks like there is a new GM 3 which fixes our problems. See this board forum

http://forums.runrev.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=11480

It won't show up as an update in the store. Just re-download and apparently all is good. Haven't tried it yet but am about to.

wake

Post by wake » Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:39 pm

jgbrindle wrote:Folks,
Looks like there is a new GM 3 which fixes our problems. See this board forum

http://forums.runrev.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=11480

It won't show up as an update in the store. Just re-download and apparently all is good. Haven't tried it yet but am about to.
Perfect! Re-downloading worked for me. Re-downloaded and then pointed to the xcode app bundle in my applications folder and all is well.
Thanks for the heads up.

uneu

Post by uneu » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:08 pm

Uh, so they did release 5.5. with this XCode/SDK location issue not fixed?? Or what is that posting actually about, tile says SDKs. LC does not find the SDK after updating XCode. How to set thte path?? I need that to work with the only app I ever dared to use LiveCode for, but cannot break my whole setup because of their notorious slowness.

CALL-151

Post by CALL-151 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:48 am

The build of 5.5 currently available for download does recognize the iOS5.1 SDKs. Nevertheless, I would recommend that you not delete Xcode 4.2.x and it's associated SDKs when you install Xcode 4.3.x. That way you can easily switch back to LC 5.0.2 if you have issues.

FireWorx

Post by FireWorx » Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:01 am

Hi,
I am in the final stages of submitting an app for approval. I am currently using LC 5.02 and Xcode 4.2. I guess it doesn't make much sense to submit an app that won't run on IOS 5.1. Does that mean I am going to have to spend $99 to upgrade to LC 5.5? I just paid $499 in September. Sheesh

Is there any way to develop for IOS 5.1 on LC 5.02. Will LC 5.02 work with Xcode 4.3 ?

Thanks Dave

Return to “iOS Deployment”