[ANN] iPhone Control Kit 0.1.0

Getting into LiveCode for iOS? Ask your questions here.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

rozek

[ANN] iPhone Control Kit 0.1.0

Post by rozek » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:19 pm

Hello!

I would like to announce my little "iPhone Control Kit for LiveCode".

The "iPhone Control Kit for LiveCode" contains numerous LiveCode objects which emulate the Look-and-Feel of native iPhone controls and, thus, simplifies the development of native iPhone apps which follow Apple's "Human Interface Guidelines".

Besides the basic Look-and-Feel emulation, every control also offers additional functionality which speeds up the design and customization process within the LiveCode IDE. Finally, a simple but effective geometry handling mechanism allows for automatic layout of controls when the device's orientation or the content of a control has changed.

A similar kit for the iPad is currently under development and should become available soon.

The "iPhone Control Kit for LiveCode" may be downloaded and used freely in (commercial as well as non-commercial) projects - the software is published under the "MIT License" with the additional restriction that any modifications to the author's original version must be clearly marked in a way that the original author will never be considered as the author of these modifications!

The software should currently be considered as being in an early alpha stage - not all controls have already been implemented and/or unified and some (convenience) functions still have to be written. Nevertheless, you may already try it and play around with its contents.

Any kind of feedback is highly welcome!

I'm currently writing the documentation (see http://87.106.227.245/LiveCode/iPhoneCo ... ex_en.html), the current state may be fetched at http://87.106.227.245/LiveCode/iPhoneCo ... vecode.zip
Kind regards,

Andreas Rozek

rozek

Re: [ANN] iPhone Control Kit 0.1.0

Post by rozek » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:09 am

Important note!

I've been informed about problems using the "iPhone Control Kit" as a library stack on the simulator and the actual iPhone.

This problem has been solved (you just have to add the ICK BOTH to the list of stacks AND to the list of non-stack files in order too actually embed it in the final App)

Please consider the docs, which have been updated accordingly!
Kind regards,

Andreas Rozek

Jon0149

Post by Jon0149 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:18 pm

I would like to contact you regarding the usage of your iPhone Control Kit in LiveCode.
The link on your website to contact you is broken so if you provide your email address or answer the following question it would be much appreciated.

Q. I am trying to put a simple button into my card, i have done all the linking and importing and have got the button on the card.
When i click on the button it directs me to ickState line 212 and says "button "BehaviourButton": execution error at line 212 (Function error in function handler) near "ickTrimmed", char 7"

Could you run through how to get a simple button working and explain the Property Handling --ickState command?

Many Thanks

seaniepie

Post by seaniepie » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:08 pm

Hi Rozek,

How much work do you think it would take to update to iOS7 controls. But seriously, nice work. Impressed. Well done.

RogGuay
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Post by RogGuay » Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:34 am

Hi Rozek,

Thanks very much for this. It looks great!!

Roger

Return to “iOS Deployment”