iPad standalone and icon files

Getting into LiveCode for iOS? Ask your questions here.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

CALL-151
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

iPad standalone and icon files

Post by CALL-151 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:26 pm

Perhaps this is in the documentation somewhere and I missed it, but I'm hoping to save someone else some time/frustration. In LiveCode 5.0, when building a standalone iPad-only app for submission to the App Store, in addition to a 72X72 iPad springboard icon file, I also had to provide an 57X57 iPhone springboard icon file. Omitting this file caused Application Loader to fail with an error that it couldn't find the icon file that was specified in info.plist.

ncmac

Re: iPad standalone and icon files

Post by ncmac » Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:44 pm

I am having this same problem with an iPad only app. Adding the iphone icon didn't work. I also tried to edit the plist file and that didn't work either.

CALL-151

Post by CALL-151 » Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:51 pm

Editing the info.plist file causes Application Loader to return an error that the signature is invalid. Here's how I solved this problem. Generate two .png files, a 57X57 named Icon.png and a 72X72 named Icon-72.png (I use Icons Express). In the Icons section of the standalone settings, point the iPhone entry to Icon.png and the iPad entry to Icon-72.png. Then select iPad in the "Supported Devices" dropdown (even if you've already done that). Then build your standalone. Application Loader should now accept it. Worked for me all the way through the App Store gatekeepers and my iOS 5 compatible App update is now live. Hope this works for you.

ncmac

Post by ncmac » Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:08 pm

That worked! Thank you very much!

baranmir

Post by baranmir » Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:07 am

This appears to work. I haven't heard yet that the revised app was approved but I finally got past the submission phase. This submission process is a great time-waster. Apple has all the steps in various places. They need to centralize the process into one master list. They also need to explain what is really happening when you create a provisioning profile, certificates etc. I still think I am getting it correct by accident: somehow the stars align and Apple approves the app.

Return to “iOS Deployment”