New To RunRev Community

Want to talk about something that isn't covered by another category?

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

Jack Ultimo

New To RunRev Community

Post by Jack Ultimo » Sun Apr 09, 2006 4:13 pm

Hi, Everyone! I just wanted to say hello and introduce myself to the community.

I am a new user to the Runtime Revolution Software and Software Development as a whole. My background is mostly graphic design, web design and hopefully some of my skills can be useful to other Runtime Revolution Users in the community.

I have a lot of great ideas for software solutions but bringing them to life is my only problem right now and I am hoping Revolution and it's community can help me in achieving my goals.

I look forward to participating within the community as my skills grow and I will appreciate any assistance other forum users contribute to helping me solve my programming questions.

Have a great day and I will see you in the forums!

Jack Ultimo!
Always look out for #1 and Don't step in #2! :)

malte

Post by malte » Sun Apr 09, 2006 4:23 pm

Hi Jack,

a warm welcome from me in the Runrev Forums. I am convinced you'll find a lot of help in the forums. It is great to see more graphic artists chime in. This might open whole new doors for colaboration.

Learning Revolution can be a lot of fun, even though it might be a bit frustrating when you start. But there are a lot of nice people willing to help. You might be interested in a few resources to help you get started:

The scripting conferences

Also there is Dan Shafers book "Software at the speed of thought"

and to blow my own horn a free eBook I created that might be interesting if you get started and want to get into Multimedia with Rev.

All the best,

Malte

Jack Ultimo

Thanks Malte

Post by Jack Ultimo » Sun Apr 09, 2006 5:36 pm

Thanks Malte!

It's great to meet you and thank you for your welcome, comments and advice. I just downloaded a copy of your free ebook to see if it can help me with my first project.

I now pronounce you my "Official First Revolution Friend!"

Mark
Livecode Opensource Backer

Post by Mark » Sun Apr 09, 2006 5:48 pm

If you like, you can also have a look at my collection of Sample Script. There is a HyperCard version and a PDF version. The collection contains a large number of scripts and is available at http://economy-x-talk.com . Have a look in the downloads section.

Best,

Mark
The biggest LiveCode group on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/livecode.developers
The book "Programming LiveCode for the Real Beginner"! Get it here! http://tinyurl.com/book-livecode

malte

Re: Thanks Malte

Post by malte » Sun Apr 09, 2006 5:58 pm

Jack Ultimo wrote: I now pronounce you my "Official First Revolution Friend!"
I feel honoured. :-)

All the best,

Malte

marielle

Re: New To RunRev Community

Post by marielle » Sun Apr 09, 2006 6:13 pm

Jack Ultimo wrote:I look forward to participating within the community as my skills grow and I will appreciate any assistance other forum users contribute to helping me solve my programming questions.
A warm welcome to you. :D

Another resource you may find useful to solve your programming questions is the Codes CMS at widged.com. You will also find there a list of websites that contain xtalk/transcript/runrev code and a small collection of user contributed [url=ttp://revolution.widged.com/stacks/?lastadded=added%20any%20time]open source stacks[/url] at widged.com
Last edited by marielle on Sun Apr 09, 2006 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jack Ultimo

Post by Jack Ultimo » Sun Apr 09, 2006 7:07 pm

Wow! Thank you so much Malte, Marielle, and Mark for all the info! I will definitely look into these resources! It's great to meet all of you and I can't wait to have a finished product show to you all (my new friends)!

Jack

FrankR

Post by FrankR » Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:17 pm

I'm new to the community as well. I evaluated another version some time ago, but it did not fit the project at the time. I have some ideas for several other projects that Media might be the fit for, so, I'll be hanging out here and trying to absorb as much as I can.

My background: new to RunRev, but an experienced developer with other tools. These days, that mostly means C# and SQL Server.

Hi everyone.

malte

Post by malte » Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:42 pm

Welcome Frank!

Great to see you here. :-)

All the best,

Malte

Jack Ultimo

Post by Jack Ultimo » Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:38 pm

Welcome Frank! Nice to know I'm not the only newbie around!

Ed Orleman

New to Revolution

Post by Ed Orleman » Wed Apr 12, 2006 3:48 pm

Hello All

I'm new to Revolution and struggling to forget my old programming language (dBase, for anyone old enough to remember it) which seems to be blocking my progress with Rev.
At the moment I have either a bug or I have somehow locked the stack I was building. I'm getting a "stack is locked" error message, a blank inspector screen and I'm unable to enter browse mode even though the button to do so is highlighted and seems to be responding. Also I am unable to move from one card to the next as all those menu options are dimmed.
I'm running Studio and have reinstalled it. 2.6 won't open the stack at all. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Ed

BvG
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Post by BvG » Wed Apr 12, 2006 3:59 pm

You must have set the canmodify property of the stack try this in the message box, while your stack is open:

Code: Select all

set the cantmodify of this stack to false
Close and reopen the inspector, it should then behave as usual again.
Various teststacks and stuff:
http://bjoernke.com

Chat with other RunRev developers:
chat.freenode.net:6666 #livecode

Ed Orleman

cantmodify property

Post by Ed Orleman » Wed Apr 12, 2006 4:09 pm

Thank you. I didn't know I could effect the screens with a message box either! Live and learn (most of the time)

Ed

Return to “Off-Topic”