Orientation Not Recognized

The place to discuss anything and everything about running your LiveCode on Android

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

townsend
Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: Orientation Not Recognized

Post by townsend » Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:00 am

I just corrected that. It's only 4.6.2.

I was hoping to make that July 14th deadline for the Summer Academy Android Contest. Oh well-- I guess that's not going to happen.I got two days into this problem, and it looks like were're at a dead end. Yes-- it sure would be nice to get some help from Elanor or someone at RunRev.

Actually, I think we've had 4.6.2 for a few weeks now, so it's probably only two months to wait. I'm just going to have to concentrate on a different platform for now.
I'm already looking at other Android development packages since RunRev are so dedicated to iOS at the mo.
Let me know if you find anything. Sure LiveCode for Android is immature, but unless you want to develop physics games, I doubt there is anything better. I've looked-- and done LOTS of evaluations myself.

BarrySumpter

Post by BarrySumpter » Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:27 am

-
Last edited by BarrySumpter on Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All my best,
Barry G. Sumpter

Deving on WinXP sp3-32 bit. LC 5.5 Professional Build 1477
Android/iOS/Server Add Ons. OmegaBundle 2011 value ROCKS!
2 HTC HD2 Latest DorimanX Roms
Might have to reconsider LiveCode iOS Developer Program.

jacque
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Post by jacque » Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:09 am

The next version is well underway, another dp was just released to development members today. RR are putting out test releases very quickly; the last one was less than a week ago. I doubt it will be 3 more months before you see 4.6.3.

Android work is behind iOS naturally, because iOS had many months head start. However, each release has had more parity, and the team's stated goal is that both will work with the same command set. Each dp I've tested has more Android features than before.

The orientation issue should be posted to the Quality Control Center if either of you have access. If you don't, let me know and I'll do it. There's already a report in there about portrait orientation being upside down on some devices (but not all.) Android is a much more difficult OS to build for, since the variation across all possible devices is so great. Apple's iOS is much more consistent. At the conference I saw things working on other Android devices that I couldn't get to work on mine. It can get frustrating.
Jacqueline Landman Gay | jacque at hyperactivesw dot com
HyperActive Software | http://www.hyperactivesw.com

townsend

Post by townsend » Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:15 pm

jacque wrote:The orientation issue should be posted to the Quality Control Center if either of you have access.
If you don't, let me know and I'll do it.
I don't have access. If you could write them a note, with a reference to this thread-- that would be great.

Thanks for your help on this.
119 orientation mixup4.JPG

jacque

Post by jacque » Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:12 pm

I don't have access. If you could write them a note, with a reference to this thread-- that would be great.
Done.
Jacqueline Landman Gay | jacque at hyperactivesw dot com
HyperActive Software | http://www.hyperactivesw.com

Return to “Android Deployment”