Android testing device

The place to discuss anything and everything about running your LiveCode on Android

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

Mag
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Android testing device

Post by Mag » Wed May 15, 2013 1:24 pm

Hello everyone, I have to develop a photo app for Android. Having an iPhone as a primary phone I was thinking of buying a cheaper Android phone. I was thinking of an LG E460 L5II as the samsung are quite expensive. I was wondering if it could be a good testing device.

Some of you could give me some advice? Any idea is welcome!

CoffeeCone

Re: Android testing device

Post by CoffeeCone » Wed May 15, 2013 4:28 pm

From the GSMArena specs, it seems you'll be getting most features present on latest Android phones today. Although I'm a bit wary of the combination of a non-dual core CPU and Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean. The more common cheap Android phones nowadays have dual core at least. So without knowing the actual performance, I can assume that it will struggle a bit with Jelly Bean once a handful of apps have been loaded onto it. Also the lack of front facing camera means you won't be able to use face to face video chatting.
Learning LiveCode, one step at a time.

Mag

Re: Android testing device

Post by Mag » Sun May 19, 2013 2:48 am

Thank you so much CoffeeCone.

In the end I bought a Sony Xperia Sola. Unfortunately it hasn't the front camera but it's dual core and supports Android 4 (also that actually I have not found a way to upgrade from Android 2.2 on the Mac). It's cheaper but it seems to me that it works well.

Return to “Android Deployment”