"Test" and "Test Target" are grayed out

The place to discuss anything and everything about running your LiveCode on Android

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

Mark
Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: "Test" and "Test Target" are grayed out

Post by Mark » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:21 pm

Mark,

Choose a different screen size in the setup of your virtual device or set the screen display to "scale to actual size" in the menu.

Best,

Mark
The biggest LiveCode group on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/livecode.developers
The book "Programming LiveCode for the Real Beginner"! Get it here! http://tinyurl.com/book-livecode

admin12

Post by admin12 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:16 am

If you are on a PC, then just rename the old DX file and rename the new one to DX.bat (since it is a batch file). Once in place, it should work as intended. Since CHMOD is a unix/linux command, there is no CHMOD for windows.

Mike

admin12

Post by admin12 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:21 am

Of course, none of this has helped me. On Windows 7 PC. Mine are greyed out after choosing Android as the deployment package. My Tablet is plugged in. If I try to test, it says "Unknown development platform"

It does not matter if I run the ADK or not. If I run the ADK and have my android tablet plugged in (usb), then I can run the android plugin and it shows the two devices, but then gives me an error, saying it cannot compile the application class.

My test is a simple card with one button. The button uses a simple answer dialog. It does NOTHING. It's just a test.

Why can I not test it?

When run, it works fine.

Mike

karmacomposer

Post by karmacomposer » Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:56 am

I get the following error no matter what I create. I created a stack with one card and one button and attempted to run this on my acer android tablet.

I have everything set correctly, but this is the error I get when trying to build or test:

Unable to build app for testing: 573,392,1,revZipOpenArchive

What does that even mean? How do I fix it so I can test and deploy to Android?

Thanks.

Mike

Mark

Post by Mark » Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:57 pm

Hi Mike,

The error means that a handler can't be found. Apparently, the revZip external is unavailable or doesn't have the command revZipOpenArchive. I would start with re-installing LiveCode and see if revZipOpenArchive will work this time

If that doesn't work, you might want to check that there is an external called revzip in the folder Externals in the folder Tools of your LiveCode installation. Make sure it is only there and not in your LiveCode folder or Revolution Enterprise folder in your documents folder. If you can't find the external, try to add it manually.

You can also check that the revZip external is available by running

Code: Select all

put the externalpackages of stack home
in the message box. It returns a list that should contain revZip. You can also run the line

Code: Select all

put the externalcommands of stack home
which should return a list containing revZipOpenArchive.

If none of the above works, then it is probably time to ask RunRev support to solve this for you.

Kind regards,

Mark
The biggest LiveCode group on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/livecode.developers
The book "Programming LiveCode for the Real Beginner"! Get it here! http://tinyurl.com/book-livecode

karmacomposer

Post by karmacomposer » Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:54 pm

When I use the message box and ask for the commands, this is what it shows for revZip:

revZipCloseArchive
revZipAddUncompressedItemWithFile
revZipAddUncompressedItemWithData
revZipExtractItemToVariable
revZipReplaceItemWithFile
revZipRenameItem
revZipSetItemAttributes
revZipSetProgressCallback

Seems that commands are missing. This, by the way, is from a totally fresh install of 5.0.1. I'll do a re-install and see if that helps.

Mike

karmacomposer

Post by karmacomposer » Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:41 pm

A brand new install (again), did nothing to fix it. This is straight from the download at runrev.

Mike

Mark

Post by Mark » Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:50 am

Hi Mike,

That is really strange. I tested this on both mac OS X and Windows Vista and both times revZipOpenArchive was included in the list. Which operating system do you use and what is the build number of your copy of LiveCode? On Mac OS X I have 5.0.1.1466 and on Windows Vista version 5.0.0.1460 (I haven't updated the Windows version yet).

Kind regards,

Mark

karmacomposer

Post by karmacomposer » Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:43 am

Mark wrote:Hi Mike,

That is really strange. I tested this on both mac OS X and Windows Vista and both times revZipOpenArchive was included in the list. Which operating system do you use and what is the build number of your copy of LiveCode? On Mac OS X I have 5.0.1.1466 and on Windows Vista version 5.0.0.1460 (I haven't updated the Windows version yet).

Kind regards,

Mark
Windows XP and LiveCode 5.0.1 build 1466 - just downloaded it from runrev (along with MobGUI and AnimationEngine 5). Installed it on a machine that did not have LiveCode installed. I don't know what else to do.

Mike

Mark

Post by Mark » Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:10 am

Hi Mike,

I installed LiveCode 5.0.1 on Windows XP and can confirm that revZipOpenArchive is unavailable on Win XP. Apparently, this is a bug. This means that it is absolutely impossible to create Android packages with LiveCode 5.0.1 on Win XP. If you still have 5.0.0 laying around, you might putting the old external into the LC 5.0.1 installation, but I don't know whether that will make any difference. Sorry, I guess you'll have report this as a bug and wait for a bug fix.

Kind regards,

Mark

karmacomposer

Post by karmacomposer » Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:49 am

Mark wrote:Hi Mike,

I installed LiveCode 5.0.1 on Windows XP and can confirm that revZipOpenArchive is unavailable on Win XP. Apparently, this is a bug. This means that it is absolutely impossible to create Android packages with LiveCode 5.0.1 on Win XP. If you still have 5.0.0 laying around, you might putting the old external into the LC 5.0.1 installation, but I don't know whether that will make any difference. Sorry, I guess you'll have report this as a bug and wait for a bug fix.

Kind regards,

Mark
It's not too big of a deal since I have vista, windows 7 and mac computers as well, but the windows xp computer is my gaming computer and has the best monitor as well (3D HDTV), so I was hoping to test on it (regarding PC apps and games). However, I have yet to deploy ANYTHING to Android successfully - that includes a single button. It's not my Android configuration because it works with Shiva 3D - another program I use to create Android games (but I never have - but the tests have worked out fine).

That's not the only thing broken in 5.0.1 with windows xp - so is Franklin 3D - just asks for serial numbers, despite the fact that they are already in the script, and then gives nothing but errors.

Mike

sgilito

Post by sgilito » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:27 am

Hi Mike,

Did you solve Android deployment?,

I try with Windows Vista Business and Android API 2., my Application install in android emulator but doesn't display anything.

Did you report has a bug?

Regards.

Return to “Android Deployment”