This is the place to discuss anything relating to MobGUI

Moderators: heatherlaine, kevinmiller, robinmiller, malte, splash21

splash21
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Update for new plugin: 26th December

Post by splash21 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:30 pm

26th December
Added a tab bar and option buttons. Although the controls work pretty much the same as before, some fresh documentation is on the way.

22nd December
Objects were initially reporting the wrong size in the property inspector when selected. Resizing a stack or switching stack now adjusts the resize slider to the nearest match it has to the current stack size. The landscape checkbox should always update automatically. Clicking the 'x' between the stack width and height switches dimensions.

21st December
Bugfix : A selected control would be renamed "DragControl" when another control was dragged on to the card.

Previously - 20th December
Added a Navbar card to the plugin and a new menu item in the IDE context menu to edit the behavior script of an object (or objects). This makes it very easy to get to an object's script AND behavior script without searching anywhere. The controls I'm looking at converting to behaviors next are check boxes, buttons with images, tab bar and option buttons.
LiveCode Development & Training : http://splash21.com

Mikey

Re: Latest update for new behaviors driven plugin: 20th Dece

Post by Mikey » Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:55 am

For the navBar, the top control says "Snap Top Top". I think you meant "Snap To Top".

robl

Post by robl » Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:51 pm

Really liking how the new MobGüI is shaping up! Very nice.

I have noticed a couple oddities with this version.

1.) Controls are randomly changing names to "DragControl". For example, I created a new mainstack. Drag a Navbar to stack. Project browser calls it "mgNavbar-1003". I add a progress bar ("mgProgress-1012"). However, the moment I drop the progressbar, the Navbar becomes renamed "DragControl". I add mgInput-1016, and the progressbar is renamed "DragControls". It's not consistent, but frequent. It does seem happen more often after adding a progressbar.

2.) Once a scroller is dropped, it can't be selected or manipulated with the Edit (pointer) tool. The position and size is locked. It has to be unlocked or the size & position needs to be modified in property inspector. I'm not sure if this is be design or not, but I would advocate having it unlocked initially, as most times the developer will want to re-size and reposition the control immediately after adding it to the stack. (Maybe a message in the MobGUI palette indicating the control should be locked after it is resized?)

splash21

Post by splash21 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:51 pm

Thanks, Mike and Robi. The typo and the renaming bug have been fixed. The scroller is automatically locked as I noticed it was getting autoscaled to width 0 and height 0 as it is an empty group. I may have found a way round this, so if it works, it can initially be unlocked. The only problem is that if you forget to lock the group and visit another card (or maybe do certain other things), it will scale down to 0,0 again. Maybe it can be auto locked when it is deselected and auto unlocked when selected - I'll check it out.

Youks
Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: Latest update for new behaviors driven plugin: 21st Dece

Post by Youks » Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:21 am

Hi John,

Great news that you're updating MG!
By the way i was playing on a stack today with 2 cards playing with the screen transitions (scroll left & right) between the 2 cards. At some point i placed a browser control on one card.The issue is that when i transition to the other card, at the end of the transition the browser control appears as well on the second card.

Can you have a look at it?

Thx

Youks

Re: Latest update for new behaviors driven plugin: 22nd Dece

Post by Youks » Sun Dec 22, 2013 4:49 pm

Hi John,

The problem related in the post above persists with Browser,Input, Multiline controls......they are reproduced on the next card.
Another oddity appears now with the Button control, on my first card the Button script works but on the others no script working. At this stage i am getting an annoying message :" Mobgui Button : Error refreshing control properties".

I tried the last version (22DEC) and i am running LC 6.5.1 on Mavericks.

Rgds.

splash21

Post by splash21 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:31 pm

Hi, Youks. All the native controls float above the stack once created and don't belong to any one card. Dragging a native browser on to the card has the same effect as creating one from code - if you want a native control to appear on one card, but not another, you have to either hide it or delete it before moving to the new card...

Examples for a native browser named "MyBrowser";

Code: Select all

mobileControlSet "MyBrowser", "visible", false
mobileControlDelete "MyBrowser"

I just created a new stack with two cards and buttons on each card to move between them - the buttons functioned fine on both cards (in IDE and simulator) - was one of the buttons created with an older version or has it been modified? Try deleting it and adding a new button - does that solve the problem? I have deliberately broken controls to test that the plugin catches the error, and you're right about the answer dialog - it's pretty annoying. I'm looking at replacing that with a softer custom dialog that isn't modal. :)

bangkok

Post by bangkok » Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:58 pm

Hello Splash

Nice to see that you are "coming back" with MobGUI.

Could you tell us what are you plans ? Do you plan to really continue the development of the plug in, to add other controls, and for Android too ?

Youks

Post by Youks » Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:04 pm

Thx John for your clarifications, as per my stack i was getting somehow an issue in ( in Debug Line5 of S21-Button):

# MobGUI iOS7 Button Control Behavior

before mouseDown
:arrow: set the backColor of grc "Bg" of me to the mgProps["touchBackgroundColor"] of me
set the foreColor of fld "Label" of me to the mgProps["touchTextColor"] of me
end mouseDown

Strange anyway, i successfully rebuilt another stack to check the consistency of the Button control and i will update you if any other issue is encountered !!!!
Nice Job and like Bangkok hoping for some Android Stuff!! :wink:

Rgds

mikek

Post by mikek » Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:09 pm

looking for android stuff as well. if it is coming, any idea when

pthirkell

Re: Update for new plugin: 26th December

Post by pthirkell » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:42 am

Early experience playing with the prerelease has been very positive. I remain a bit puzzled however by the approach to portrait versus landscape orientations. The original MOBGui would allow you to set up various different orientations by alt+double clicking for example the Nav Bar. Is this functionality intended to remain or has it been discontinued? I may be doing it wrong, but at present I can't get MOBGui to "remember" the layouts associated with different orientations.

Thanks any advice.

splash21

Post by splash21 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:27 pm

Is this something that people still want now that resolution independence is here? I guess it could still be handy for iOS only apps... I'll put it on the todo list..

bangkok

Post by bangkok » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:04 pm

Hello Splash,

You didn't answer my question : are you committed to MobGUI, to continue its developpment ?

Your product is great, but nothing changed for 1 year... it was "radio silence"... And then this new release.

In other words : it is worthy for us to follow you, and to invest time, learning curve (and money) in your tool ?

Thank you to share your views and plans.

splash21

Post by splash21 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:51 pm

Hi, Bangkok.
You didn't answer my question : are you committed to MobGUI, to continue its developpment ?
Yes. I've always used MobGUI for prototyping and apps and It took a lot of effort to get the new version to the stage it's at.
Your product is great, but nothing changed for 1 year... it was "radio silence"... And then this new release.
Thanks. There were some unfortunate circumstances. I don't see any problems ahead.
In other words : it is worthy for us to follow you, and to invest time, learning curve (and money) in your tool ?
Obviously I'll say yes, but you have to decide for yourself. I've invested a lot of time getting the new version up and running with behaviors (which is much more flexible and you get all the code), working with LiveCode commercial and community, and also money in commissioning svg icons to create TTF symbol fonts.

I see LiveCode as a long term investment and plan on continuing to use it commercially in my own business. The latest themes addition to MobGUI was the result of a fair bit of investigation and experimentation and will hopefully pay for itself by making deploying to both android and iOS easier - even additional platforms in the future. The plan with themes is to allow you to export and import them. You could design a theme and send it to someone else - or sell it...

Hopefully this answers your questions - feel free to suggest other ideas :)

bangkok

Post by bangkok » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:15 pm

splash21 wrote:Hopefully this answers your questions - feel free to suggest other ideas :)
Yeah, thanks you.

Now I feel I can spend a few sleepless nights in order to catch up with MobGUI.

It's reassuring :)

Return to “MobGUI”