Geometry

Got a LiveCode personal license? Are you a beginner, hobbyist or educator that's new to LiveCode? This forum is the place to go for help getting started. Welcome!

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller

revsanphos
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Geometry

Post by revsanphos » Sat Nov 25, 2006 8:22 pm

Hi,

When using Geometry, is it possible to have everything resize in relation to one another? And the text inside buttons and text fields resize accordingly? Like in Flash.

I have tried several combinations and I haven't been successful.

Thank you,

Kevin

Obleo

Post by Obleo » Sun Nov 26, 2006 12:37 am

Yes, it possible to have everything resize in relation to one another.

Does Media have Getting started video's included with in it. There a getting started video called "Geometry Manger" that shows how this works in the Studio version. Check to see if it is included in Media's getting started if not we try to explain how this works. It is just more helpful to see the graphic work as a visual.

revsanphos

Post by revsanphos » Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:06 am

Hi,

Thanks. I had seen the video. I revisited it. I am able to make some things behave like I want them to, but others collide.

In the video, the text in the buttons and text box do not get bigger when the box is resized. Is this possible?

I have a button, a text box, and a label and the text in them does not get bigger when the box is resized.

Thank you,

Kevin

oliverk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by oliverk » Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:18 am

Hi Kevin,

The text in buttons and fields in Revolution does not change size when the size of the containing button / field changes. This includes when the control is resized by the Revotion geometry manager.

If you wish it to behave like this, you can either handle the resizeControl message sent to any control that is resized and make the text the size you want it, or you can use images instead of the actual controls.

If for example you have a button which contains text that doesn't need to be changed or copied by the user (and doesn't scroll), you can use the import snapshot command to create an image of the button. Resizing this image will resize the text. This technique is quite good for buttons, although for fields you might need to use scripting to control the text yourself as commonly fields need to allow the user to copy and paste and often contain scrolling text.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Oliver
Oliver Kenyon
Software Developer
Runtime Revolution

Return to “Getting Started with LiveCode - Complete Beginners”