Does LiveCode work on macOS Ventura? - YES

Got a LiveCode personal license? Are you a beginner, hobbyist or educator that's new to LiveCode? This forum is the place to go for help getting started. Welcome!

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller

DR White

Re: Does LiveCode work on macOS Ventura?

Post by DR White » Tue Apr 11, 2023 1:28 pm

jacque,

You are a life saver. Both Development and Distribution files are compiling successfully with LC.
I am so appreciative of your help in transferring my Xcode info to new computer. I messaged Apple 4 days ago, and so far all I got
was a long form to fill out.

I am still working through some issues with not have proper graphics in new computer.
I believe things are moving ion the right direction.

Thanks again for your help,

David

DR White

Re: Does LiveCode work on macOS Ventura? -Solved (except for simulator)

Post by DR White » Wed Apr 12, 2023 12:28 pm

Ventura still might be an issue.

While LC compiles my development code fine, when I use Xcode to transfer it to my phone, I get "This app cannot be installed because its integrity could not be verified."

On my iPad, I get "Failed to prepare device for development", "This operation can fail if the version of the OS on the device is incompatible with the installed version of Xcode. You may also need to restart your Mac and device in order to correctly detect compatibility." Of course, I have restarted both iPad and macBook to no avail.

In the short term, I would be happy just to get my app in the App Store.

I think the real solution is to get a LC version for Ventura.

jacque
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: Does LiveCode work on macOS Ventura? - YES

Post by jacque » Wed Apr 12, 2023 5:30 pm

The "integrity" error usually means the app isn't code signed. To test, cable the phone to your Mac and use the Test button instead of going through Xcode. Test provides a temporary signing signature.

Edit: choose "sign for development" in standalone settings for test builds.
Jacqueline Landman Gay | jacque at hyperactivesw dot com
HyperActive Software | http://www.hyperactivesw.com

DR White

Post by DR White » Thu Apr 13, 2023 12:01 pm

Jacque,

Thanks again for coming to my rescue!

You will never know how grateful I am for your help. It's been 6 days since I requested help from apple and I have received nothing but a generic form. Honestly, my app writing days would be over, if it wasn't for your help in trying to get this new computer set up. I praise God for your help.

With the help of panos, I was able to get a file to apple using my new computer and Ventura OS. I finished all the graphics, except for the iPhone 14 Pro Max, which I cannot do since I cannot get the LC app to launch properly to the simulator on my new computer (I used my old computer simulator to get the other graphics). Since the app ran fine on my old computer simulator, I was thinking that it was good to go and I submitted it for review. But after reading your reply to my difficulties not being able to load the app to my phone, I rejected my app submission. While I have been working on this app for a couple of years and I am so ready for a break, the last thing I want to do is put an app into the Store that does not work properly.

I have cabled my phone to my Mac, I cannot find "sign for development" in standalone settings for test builds. I have seen this option before, I could not find it last night or this morning. Even with my phone connected to Mac, when I click the TEST button, the simulator tries to launch. Could you please try to help me some more?

Thanks,

David

DR White

Post by DR White » Thu Apr 13, 2023 12:26 pm

Jacque,

After going back to my old computer, I see that my Apple Development certificate has been revoked.

I no doubt did it while I was trying all kinds of things over the last several days trying to get my new computer capable of developing apps. I will attempt to fix it, but I am not knowledgable on these kind of things.

DR White

Post by DR White » Thu Apr 13, 2023 12:34 pm

Jacque,

Due to my lack of knowledge on Apple Certificates and Profiles, I am so confused.
While my Apple Development certificate has been revoked, I still have an iOS development certificate.
Do I still need an Apple Development Certificate?

Thanks,

David

DR White

Post by DR White » Sat Apr 22, 2023 7:39 pm

Update on Ventura 13.3.1 running LC 9.6.9.

LC runs fine on Ventura 13.3.1.

After using my Distribution profile (which still has my old team ID) instead of my developer profile (which has a different team ID) in the iOS standalone setup, LC launched the iOS simulator successfully. After Panos asked me to set the "Build" iOS in the standalone for 11, I was able to compile files to send to Apple.

ALL my headaches were and are coming from the fact that I didn't know that I should have exported my certificates from my old computer to new computer BEFORE logging into my Apple account with new computer. I am still trying to work with Apple to fix my team ID issue. I am going to make a new post for other people who get new computers.

The LC team is the BEST!

stam

Post by stam » Sun Apr 23, 2023 1:18 pm

Aren't certificates stored in the keyChain app? and as such aren't they moved across automatically? (I really don't know for sure myself, just wondering)

S.

DR White

Post by DR White » Wed Apr 26, 2023 3:18 pm

Stam,

I know very little about the Apple Certificate system. They appear to be stored in keyChain.

When I got my new Mac the first thing I did was to load LC 9.6.9 and Xcode 14.2.
I needed a Development profile for the LC app I was working on, so I logged into Developer.com and created a certificate.
I double clicked the downloaded certificate and it appeared in my keyChain of my new computer. Then I used that certificate to create a Developer Profile and downloaded it to my desktop. However, unlike my distribution certificate which is iPhone Distribution: David White (688WB-----) and works fine, the Developer certificates is David White (EJSPQ-----) and does not work. The distribution certificate was successfully exported Xcode from my old computer thanks to the help of Jacque, AFTER I could not get the certificates from my new computer to work. I did not have any valid Developer certificates in my old computer at the time I purchased my new computer and did the certificate export. I have a TSI with Apple, but so far no actual support has been given.

David

jacque

Post by jacque » Wed Apr 26, 2023 10:32 pm

I found some resources, though I'm not sure I completely understand some of it. Anyway, this one explains the different errors you may get and how to resolve them:
https://codesigningstore.com/provisiona ... -solutions

Depending on the exact error you are getting, this might help:
https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/99646

There are lots of hits if you google "ios provisioning profile and distribution profile do not match".

What is the exact error message you get? Searching for that and (possibly) including "XCode 14" in the search string may turn up something.
Jacqueline Landman Gay | jacque at hyperactivesw dot com
HyperActive Software | http://www.hyperactivesw.com

Return to “Getting Started with LiveCode - Complete Beginners”