datagrid swipe gesture scroll for android

Got a LiveCode personal license? Are you a beginner, hobbyist or educator that's new to LiveCode? This forum is the place to go for help getting started. Welcome!

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller

slowdash

datagrid swipe gesture scroll for android

Post by slowdash » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:33 am

hi to everyone and thank you in advanced...

can anyone please point me to the right direction/tutorial in using swipe gestures (up/down in my case) to navigate a datagrid form, i have tried searching here but cant seem to find any, all i see are chunks of code, which from my point of view (as a complete beginner) does not make any sense.

I figured the ios versions has native scrollers but there are none for android, and using MobGui is not an option( because i cant see the code), since im trying to learn and i mean really want to learn how to go the step by step of creating and understanding how gestures and datagrid forms work.

i would greatly appreciate if anyone can point me to the right code and explanation on how to do this.

Thanks,
-Rye

slowdash

Re: datagrid swipe gesture scroll for android

Post by slowdash » Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:33 am

i guess swipe gestures are taboo in the forums and no one wants to talk about it, and we have no other options but buy and rely on mobgui

its probably high time for me to look for other options (my trial will be expiring soon and i guess its not worth it to buy a product that asks you to pay for functionalities that everyone should've been able to learn with sufficient help

bn
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: datagrid swipe gesture scroll for android

Post by bn » Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:26 pm

Hi slowDash,

I don't know about Android. But here I post a list field I made before Livecode for iOS had the native scroller function. It is a "homemade" scroller. The advantage is that it also works on non-mobile computer.

It has all the elements you need to make a gesture/scroll on you own. I would not use it on iOS anymore because the native scroller is smoother, faster. But maybe with the new graphics acceleration it might work acceptably on Android.

You might want to have a look at it.
SLF-9.livecode.zip
(32.66 KiB) Downloaded 383 times

Kind regards

Bernd

Return to “Getting Started with LiveCode - Complete Beginners”