Designing recreation programs

Got a LiveCode personal license? Are you a beginner, hobbyist or educator that's new to LiveCode? This forum is the place to go for help getting started. Welcome!

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller

dan

Designing recreation programs

Post by dan » Fri May 12, 2006 12:38 am

Hi I'm interested in building a simple lottery progam that can analyze pairs of numbers in a given database. Can Revolution help me out with this, I'm not an experienced programmer and am looking for a progam that makes it a little easier for the beginner. thanks dan

Lynn

Re: Designing recreation programs

Post by Lynn » Wed Jun 28, 2006 7:40 am

dan wrote:Hi I'm interested in building a simple lottery progam that can analyze pairs of numbers in a given database. Can Revolution help me out with this, I'm not an experienced programmer and am looking for a progam that makes it a little easier for the beginner. thanks dan
Hi Dan,

Revolution Media is well suited to this task. You will need to figure out the logic behind the analysis, however expressing this in the Revolution language should not be hard at all.
Best regards,

Lynn Fredricks
Paradigma Software - Ultra Fast Database & Reporting Platform for LiveCode
http://www.paradigmasoft.com

malte

Post by malte » Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:39 pm

Hi Dan,

what do you mean when you say "given Database"? If your data is in a mySQL or other database you might need to choose studio, as Media can't connect to databases AFAIK. If it is all in the project file (or flat external files) Media might be all you need. Revolution and Media are very well suited for data processing.

Hope that helps,

Malte

Return to “Getting Started with LiveCode - Complete Beginners”