Unusual Refresh Problems with Mac standalone

Got a LiveCode personal license? Are you a beginner, hobbyist or educator that's new to LiveCode? This forum is the place to go for help getting started. Welcome!

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller

neville

Re: Unusual Refresh Problems with Mac standalone

Post by neville » Tue May 07, 2024 12:56 am

The bug I referred to is Bug 22027 https://quality.livecode.com/show_bug.cgi?id=22027 reported in 2020 and still here in 9.6.11. The bug report has a simple stack which demonstrates the effect. You won't notice the bug if whenever you move between cards you have any code which causes the whole card to be redrawn (although I do see it occasionally in the IDE when not moving between cards, not sure what is triggering the bad redraw, probably moving between an engine stack and my stack). It would appear that the default redraw can get the cliprect wrong for Mac, forgetting to move it down to account for the menu bar (assuming of course your stack does the Mac menu thingie). The bug is QC confirmed and on the face of it would be a simple one to fix given the hint about the height of the area not redrawing.

neville

Post by neville » Tue May 07, 2024 1:35 am

Forgot to add: you also won't see the bug if all cards in your stack look exactly the same in the bottom 25-pixel height area - same background colour and no (or the same, with the same hilited values ) controls. This is probably the main reason most people will not be affected by the bug.

Klaus

Post by Klaus » Tue May 07, 2024 4:39 pm

Don't you read the previous postings?
LC 9.6.11 is the latest stable version.

EDIT:
This was a response to a now deleted SPAM post. :!:

stam

Post by stam » Tue May 07, 2024 7:46 pm

Klaus wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 4:39 pm
Don't you read the previous postings?
LC 9.6.11 is the latest stable version.
Still might be worth checking to see if also present using 9.6.12 (RC1) and/or 10.0.0 DP8, there's a number of fixes in those...

neville

Post by neville » Thu May 09, 2024 1:14 am

Klaus? Strange comment?

I wasn't sure if the original poster's bug was actually this one since he/she didn't specify the area not being drawn correctly.

Anyway, the bug I am talking about is still present in 9.6.12 rc1. I haven't checked LC10, I am looking forward to a stable version of that but it is not worth another 1.6GB+ for testing

SparkOut

Post by SparkOut » Thu May 09, 2024 7:27 am

@neville The "strange comment" was not addressed to you but in reply to an apparent spammer's posting. The spammer became evident, and that post was deleted.
So his reply now appears out of context.

Klaus

Post by Klaus » Thu May 09, 2024 8:54 am

Hi Neville,
neville wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 1:14 am
Klaus? Strange comment?
yes, sorry, it is like Sparkout says.

Best

Klaus

Return to “Getting Started with LiveCode - Complete Beginners”