Using Movies in sequence

Got a LiveCode personal license? Are you a beginner, hobbyist or educator that's new to LiveCode? This forum is the place to go for help getting started. Welcome!

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller

jthurs51

Using Movies in sequence

Post by jthurs51 » Fri Jan 26, 2007 6:44 pm

Hi all,

First off, let me apologize in advance if this is in the wrong place or a inappropriate question.

Background:

I am looking to create a smaurai 1 human v 1 "computer" fighting game that uses quicktime movies to display actions. The movies would probably be named to facilitate transitions between them. For example, if the hero were fighting an enemy of type 1 and the hero was to click "switch from stance 1 to stance 2, the game would display the movie s1e1tos2e1.mov. If the hero were to click "kick attack" in stance 2, then the game would display s1kicke1.mov.

Also, I would like to be able to sequence movies together to create interesting "in trouble movies". For example, let's say the enemy is about to win the fight, but the hero may be able to get back into the fight. The game would generate a random (say between 1 and 5) teaser movies "hero is knocked down" then "hero barely block" then "hero take a big hit" then "hero hero barely block". Finally, the sequence would display the result, either "get back up" or "defeated - game over".

To the viewer the sequence should be seemless and tense even though the result has already be decided. Oh! Hang in there! Oh! OH! Yeah! S/He's back!

2 Questions:
1) I'm having a hard time finding the documentation on working with movies. when I search userguide ver 5 (2006.06.01) for info on movies I get references to "the chapter on 'Working with Media'." (ex pg.58) but I can't find this chapter. Where is info on using movies in Rev?

2) Is making a random seemless sequence of movies even possible in rev or am I wasting my time trying to figure it out?

Thanks, and I hope this makes sense!
-JT

Return to “Getting Started with LiveCode - Complete Beginners”