Lesson 1, ipad size

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

adeam

Lesson 1, ipad size

Post by adeam » Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:52 pm

i'm new to livecode and mac. i'm following lesson 1 and I have a question. when I created a new mainstack and set to iPad size, I couldn't see the whole page or lower part as I'm using a MacBook 15" screen. how can I scroll down to put the navigation group?

thanks.

LCNeil
Livecode Staff Member
Livecode Staff Member

Re: Lesson 1, ipad size

Post by LCNeil » Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:18 pm

Hi Adeam,

Depending on the resolution of your MacBook screen, you may notice that either the top or bottom of your stack can be cut off. To resolve this you could use the following method

1) Open the property inspector for your stack
2) Navigate to "Size and Position"
3) Adjust the values of the location property to bring the bottom of your stack on screen

Let us know if you experience any issues doing this.

Kind Regards,

Neil Roger

--
RunRev Support Team ~ http://www.runrev.com
--

cavenewt
Livecode Opensource Backer
Livecode Opensource Backer

Post by cavenewt » Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:03 pm

adeam wrote:i'm new to livecode and mac. i'm following lesson 1 and I have a question. when I created a new mainstack and set to iPad size, I couldn't see the whole page or lower part as I'm using a MacBook 15" screen. how can I scroll down to put the navigation group?

thanks.
Hi adeam

That was discussed by several of us in an earlier thread here in the summer school forum. Several options were offered. I had a MacBook Pro 13 inch with a 23 inch external monitor, yet I still could not show the whole iPad window. In that situation I was using the messagebox to move my window within view, which is kind of laborious. There is a little utility called ICMover which simplified it somewhat. In the end, getting a larger display made the issue moot.

Sometime soon there is supposed to be some changes to LC that will make screen resolutions easier to deal with.

I really recommend reading all the threads in the summer school topic. Many of us have gone before you and you can use our struggles to your advantage!

— Colleen

adeam

Post by adeam » Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:02 pm

Thanks Neil, Colleen. :)

Return to “Summer School 2013”