Aligning buttons in new MobGui

Moderators: LCNeil, heatherlaine, kevinmiller, elanorb

DataDude

Aligning buttons in new MobGui

Post by DataDude » Mon Mar 17, 2014 5:53 am

In the lesson 1 video it shows positioning MobGui controls by ALT + Dbl Click. In the new version of MobGui I get the properties box instead. Tried looking at the docs for the new version and did not find a reference to the functionality.

Seemed handy. Does it still exist and if so how?

Thanks,
Tim
Aka: DataDude

sefrojones
Livecode Opensource Backer
Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: Aligning buttons in new MobGui

Post by sefrojones » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:35 am

They have added a mini-lesson covering the new MobGUI in the code school lessons. I think I am going to follow this course using 0.29 and then once I have everything covered, upgrade to 0.30 and learn about the changes.

LCNeil
Livecode Staff Member
Livecode Staff Member

Post by LCNeil » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:29 am

Hi Tim et al.

I do not believe there is a way to align buttons in the new mobGui. There is the possibility that this feature could be re-introduced in a future revision but, as this is a 3rd party product, we could not say for sure.

I would recommend completing the course with the pervious version of mobGui and then transitioning to the new plugin when you are more comfortable with LiveCode.

Kind Regards,

Neil Roger
--
RunRev Support Team ~ http://www.runrev.com
——

charms

Post by charms » Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:33 pm

Hi there,

I just discovered yesterday that I can align the buttons by selecting the buttons, open the Object Inspector choose "Align Objects" and then distribute across card. This will align the buttons equally. So it's not possible over the MobGUI Plugin but over the LiveCode functionality.

Kind regards,
Chris

Return to “idea2app and Coding School”