decorations on multiple windows

LiveCode is the premier environment for creating multi-platform solutions for all major operating systems - Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, the Web, Server environments and Mobile platforms. Brand new to LiveCode? Welcome!

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

kwinkler

decorations on multiple windows

Post by kwinkler » Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:50 pm

On a Mac, I have a mainstack open along with two substacks, for a total of three open windows. As I click on the INTERIOR of any window, that window becomes "frontmost" or "active", but the decorations remain grayed out unless the mouse hovers over them. I have to click on the titlebar of a window in order for the decorations to remain colored. Whichever of the three windows last had its titlebar clicked retains the colored decorations property when that window again becomes frontmost.

This is not normal Mac behavior. How can I make the decorations colorful whenever a window becomes frontmost?

kwinkler

Re: decorations on multiple windows

Post by kwinkler » Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:56 am

For whatever it is worth, this problem does not occur on the Windows version of the app. The frontmost window always has a red close box (under Windows 7).

Klaus

Post by Klaus » Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:12 pm

Hi Kwinkler,

I also experience this from time to time and this looks like a (cosmetic) bug to me.
The decorations ARE in fact set but are not displayed correctly until you click the
titlebar of the window.

Write to: bugs@runrev.com

Best

Klaus

jacque
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Post by jacque » Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:54 pm

Yes, it's a cosmetic bug that's been there for the last few versions. It does affect things sometimes, because the defaultstack doesn't always update correctly. I've got in the habit of always clicking the titlebar just in case, and keeping an eye on the message box to make sure it's pointing to the right stack. There's a bug report in the database about it, I believe.
Jacqueline Landman Gay | jacque at hyperactivesw dot com
HyperActive Software | http://www.hyperactivesw.com

kwinkler@mac.com

Post by kwinkler@mac.com » Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:09 pm

Thanks for the information. I'm glad it is not just me that is seeing it.

Orenlor

Post by Orenlor » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:47 am

Other than clicking on the title bar of the window, Is there any other option to decorate the window.

Klaus

Post by Klaus » Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:38 pm

Orenlor wrote:Other than clicking on the title bar of the window, Is there any other option to decorate the window.
Since is obviously a bug, no!

Return to “Getting Started with LiveCode - Experienced Developers”