Unable to build Windows standalone

LiveCode is the premier environment for creating multi-platform solutions for all major operating systems - Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, the Web, Server environments and Mobile platforms. Brand new to LiveCode? Welcome!

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

stam

Unable to build Windows standalone

Post by stam » Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:02 pm

Hi all,

I have installed LC on my work machine (Windows 10, heavily secured by my hospital, so the issue may be there).

LC runs and works fine. However I cannot build for Windows as it keeps throwing the same error:
LC build error.jpg
This happens in both LC 9.6.9 and 10 DP7. It happens regardless of 32 or 64 bit build (or both).

It's an extremely simple app with no externals/dependencies, built for to test something. Privileges are set to 'same as invoker'.

Any suggestions? Or is this just likely down to antivirus/locked down pc?

Thanks
Stam

richmond62
Livecode Opensource Backer
Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: Unable to build Windows standalone

Post by richmond62 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:31 pm

Do you have Administrator privileges?

stam

Post by stam » Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:32 pm

richmond62 wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2024 1:31 pm
Do you have Administrator privileges?
No.
I did mention the machine was locked down - so no admin access. Otherwise it wouldn't be locked down would it ;)
UAC set to same as invoker - so should not be issue and I've built on this before without problems...

LCMark
Livecode Staff Member
Livecode Staff Member

Post by LCMark » Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:55 pm

@stam: So two things spring to mind - you are building to an output folder over the top of an existing windows standalone build and the standalone executable is already running (perhaps check Activity Monitor)... Or for some reason the S/B can't create/open files in the user's temporary folder...

(Of the top of my head I can't actually remember whether the S/B builds the executable directly into the output folder, or into the temp folder and then copies it).

Return to “Getting Started with LiveCode - Experienced Developers”