why am I unable to use Tools palette in v4.6.1 Android?

LiveCode is the premier environment for creating multi-platform solutions for all major operating systems - Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, the Web, Server environments and Mobile platforms. Brand new to LiveCode? Welcome!

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

EndangeringSpecies

why am I unable to use Tools palette in v4.6.1 Android?

Post by EndangeringSpecies » Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:43 am

I am trying to use Live Code 4.6.1 Android on Windows 7. I am able to run the IDE and I am able to move around and even copy-paste widgets on sample stacks. But I am unable to use Tools palette. When I select "Edit (pointer) tool" in the palette and then try to select let's say Push Button in order to place it on the stack, apparently Push Button is not actually selected and I am unable to place the new widget.

What do I do?

In stack properties I don't have either "float above everything" or "can't modify" set, since I know that this has been a problem for somebody in the past.

jacque
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: why am I unable to use Tools palette in v4.6.1 Android?

Post by jacque » Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:08 am

That's pretty odd, I haven't heard of that before. You should be able to use the tool palette normally.

To get an object from the tool palette onto a stack, you can either drag and drop it onto your stack, or you can double-click it in the palette which will put it into the center of your stack window. Did you try those methods? Single-clicking doesn't do anything.

BTW, there's a good intro to LiveCode in the User Guide, which you can access from LiveCode's Help menu.
Jacqueline Landman Gay | jacque at hyperactivesw dot com
HyperActive Software | http://www.hyperactivesw.com

EndangeringSpecies

Re: why am I unable to use Tools palette in v4.6.1 Android?

Post by EndangeringSpecies » Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:31 pm

thanks, double clicking worked.

Return to “Getting Started with LiveCode - Experienced Developers”