Linux Build Visual Issue

LiveCode is the premier environment for creating multi-platform solutions for all major operating systems - Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, the Web, Server environments and Mobile platforms. Brand new to LiveCode? Welcome!

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

jesse

Linux Build Visual Issue

Post by jesse » Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:22 am

When running my application i built on windows and compiled the standalone for linux the linux version shows a slight different
layout of a label field. the label field which is 198x28 set at a location of 33x24 appears further over to the left in linux
than it shows in windows. has anyone else experienced this problem?
Deving on WinVista Home Prem. SP2 32 bit. Using LiveCode 4.6.1 Pro Build 1392

FourthWorld
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer
VIP Livecode Opensource Backer

Re: Linux Build Visual Issue

Post by FourthWorld » Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:40 pm

I've had pretty good luck moving projects between Linux, Windows, and OS X. Are you using any geometry management, or anything else that might account for that movement?
Richard Gaskin
LiveCode development, training, and consulting services: Fourth World Systems
LiveCode Group on Facebook
LiveCode Group on LinkedIn

jesse

Post by jesse » Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:23 am

I think I may have figured out the problem. I think my text box was wider than the screen to the left side and for some reason
this caused by label box to go from being right justified to left justified and then it ended up starting at the very edge of the
box off the screen. ill have to check for sure tomorrow when i have access to my linux system ill post back and update this
thread in case that wasn't it but its likely thats all it was.

another odd problem was i have a on preopenstack call to a function doConnect that connects to my remote database.
it worked fine on a custom ubuntu box but not on my dell mini running ubuntu. its like the preopenstack didnt run
or something on the dell mini. any thoughts?

jesse

Post by jesse » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:40 pm

Can someone tell me if they can deploy my app to linux and if it look the same as it does in the IDE and windows. When I deploy to linux the words style look up in
the header area of the app appear off the screen to the left. I have no clue as to why either. If anyone has any ideas after checking my app please let me know.

Thanks!
Attachments
StyleLookUp.zip
(4.68 KiB) Downloaded 216 times

Return to “Getting Started with LiveCode - Experienced Developers”