WARNING RE SONOMA BETA

Anything beyond the basics in using the LiveCode language. Share your handlers, functions and magic here.

Moderators: FourthWorld, heatherlaine, Klaus, kevinmiller, robinmiller

bbalmerTotalFluency

WARNING RE SONOMA BETA

Post by bbalmerTotalFluency » Fri Jul 14, 2023 12:37 am

Hi:

I'm using livecode for v 10.5 dev preview for mac and like a moron upgraded my mac to run the public beta of Sonoma (on the basis that in the past I have found them very stable). LIVECODE has stopped working for me and won't even launch. Letting others know here so they can avoid my error.

Request 1: Is there somewhere where that was announced (that it would not work) that I missed?

Request 2: Is there a way to make it work? Or should I just back everything up, flatten my mac and reinstall the previous OS?

:-(

Emily-Elizabeth

Re: WARNING RE SONOMA BETA

Post by Emily-Elizabeth » Fri Jul 14, 2023 12:43 am

To answer your first question, there was another Sonoma thread talking about LiveCode and it not running properly. https://forums.livecode.com/viewtopic.php?f=104&t=37941

stam

Post by stam » Fri Jul 14, 2023 8:56 pm

What Emily-Elizabeth said.

Re: 2 - I’m sure the LC team are investigating and either a new sonoma beta or a new LC version will be forthcoming.

If you’re in a hurry you’ll have to re-install from backup (you did back up your production machine before upgrading to a beta OS, didn’t you?)

richmond62
Livecode Opensource Backer
Livecode Opensource Backer

Post by richmond62 » Fri Jul 14, 2023 9:31 pm

Or, run the Window 64-bit version using WINE, as I am doing at the moment.

bbalmerTotalFluency

Post by bbalmerTotalFluency » Sun Jul 16, 2023 3:02 pm

Thanks to everyone who replied and for the helpful suggestions. That wine thing was particularly good. Thank you. And brilliant to know that livecode works under wine. Thanks again. I hope my warning is useful to others, which is the only reason for posting my message - I'm still in love with Livecode. Entirely my fault for being a dumb-ass.

bbalmerTotalFluency

Post by bbalmerTotalFluency » Tue Aug 15, 2023 10:44 am

Good suggestions. Thanks. Sorry for the late reply. My computers went a bit "sky-net" on me recently and it's been a big time-suck to get back working.

stam

Post by stam » Tue Aug 15, 2023 12:31 pm

I think LC have posted a hot fix for Sonoma compatibility, merged into 9.6.9 - if you have access to this, it's worth re-downloading.
S.

Return to “Talking LiveCode”